12 May 2012

We've Got It Covered #100


As seems to be the case with most things this week, I am running a little behind with my blog posts, but trust me this weeks cover version post is worth the wait. To celebrate the fact that this is my 100th 'We've Got It Covered' post, I thought it might be fun to ask one of my favourite artists to record something to mark this milestone. Last years, 'Songs To Swim To' album from Monoganon was undoubtedly once of the finest things to come out in 2011, I liked it that much that I even bought a record player purely so I could listen to the album on vinyl. I have been banging on to anyone who will listen to me about just how much I like this album. If you haven't heard it, you can download it for free from the nice folk at Winning Sperm Party.
So seeing as I was such a big fan of the album, I cheekily asked Monoganons', frontman John B McKenna if he might be up for recording a cover for me and I am pretty chuffed to say that he agreed. Rather than just record the one cover though, he took up the challenge and ran with it, recording three covers in all. I am saving one back for now to share with you all later in the year, but for now I can share with you Monoganon's cover of The Stooges 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' and Daniel Johnston's 'Walking The Cow', enjoy!

Monoganon - I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover)

Monoganon - Walking the Cow (Daniel Johnston cover)

4 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I re-post this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is a gem. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, that other cover version should be up next month some time (it's also ace!)

    ReplyDelete