04 February 2012

We've Got It Covered #86



When it comes to these weekly over posts I often find myself in a bit of a quandary as to what to write about, quite often I find myself just rambling about things that I have been up to during week. More often than not I just use these posts as a platform to mention a gig or a release that's coming up and other occasions it's all about me me me. If you're expecting something different this week then you're going to be a bit disappointed, which is also how I felt this morning to find out the news that BBC Scotland are planning to axe Janice Forsyth’s Saturday morning show. Once again the big wigs at the beeb are planning on scrapping yet another outlet for good music. What with everything that's gone on with 6Music and the current issues facing BBC Introducing, this is yet another kick in the proverbials for music fans and even importantly for the Scottish music scene. So if you could spare two minutes of your time to go and sign this petition to save the show from being replaced by more news and sport, it would be really appreciated.

On a more happier note the new Twilght Sad album, No One Can Ever Know, comes out on Monday, and even more importantly for me, I am getting to see them at the Grand Ole Opry in Glasgow. It's been an age since I last saw Kilsyth's favourite sons in action so I am really looking forward to this one. As if that wasn't enough the next night myself and The Pop Cop are heading through to Edinburgh to catch the Frabbit boys. Anyway, that's enough of ramblings for one week (don't say you weren't warned), here's the Sad's take on the INXS song Never Tear Us Apart, which if memory serves me right, the boys recorded after having watch Donnie Darko umpteem times.



The Twilight Sad - Never Tear Us Apart (INXS cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment