07 April 2012

We've Got It Covered #95


This is going to be a bit of a rushed post as I am trying to draft something at half time during the football, yeah, I know I should have done this earlier, but you try writing a post whilst also playing with a 19 month year old.
Undoubtedly the biggest story of the week in terms of the Scottish music scene was the announcement of the inaugural Scottish Album of the Year (SAY) Awards. Over the years there have been a number of these kind of awards that have tried and inevitably fail due to a lack of credibility, but thanks to a lot of hard work behind the scenes from Stewart Henderson (Chemikal Underground/The Delgados), the brain child behind the awards, Scotland looks set to finally have its own answer to the Mercury Music Prize. Rather than ramble on at length about the wards, I'd suggest you check out two cracking articles which explain the ins and outs of it all over on The Pop Cop and a feature in the Herald from the fabulous Ms Nicola Meighan. Right I have a title party to be enjoying so I'll sign off with a cover by one of my all time favourite Scottish bands, The Delgados and their cover of The Dead Kennedys classic California Uber Alles...

The Delgados - California Uber Alles (The Dead Kennedys cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment