18 February 2012

We've Got It Covered #88


During the week I often find myself thinking about what I am going to write about in these cover posts, normally by the Friday I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to talk about. Then come Saturday morning when I start to write something up my mind just goes completely blank, then again I guess that's my own fault for trying to write something up whilst also (supposedly) keeping my daughter out of mischief.
In case you weren't already aware tonight I am putting on another one of my Peenko Presents gigs at the Captain's Rest, so if you're looking for something to do with your Saturday evening it would be great to see some of you coming along for the evening. I also promised that I'd announce a special guest for the evening nearer to the gig, well folks I am chuffed to let you know that Adam Stafford will be completing our bill.
Our plan of action looks something like this; Doors 7.30pm,  Kith & Kin 8.00-8.30pm,  Adam Stafford 8.45-9.15pm,  Donna Maciocia 9.30-10pm and then Randolph's Leap 10.15-11pm.

As for this week cover version, it comes from probably the hottest band in Scotland at the moment, PAWS, who have just announced that they are joined their fellow country men, We Were Promised Jetpacks and the Twilight Sad on one of my favourite labels, FatCat Records. With their debut album already in the bag, I am sure that I am not the only one who can't wait to hear it. On top all that, the band have also been nominated for the Best Live Act at this year Scottish Alternative Music Awards, if you fancy finding out just how good they really are live then you can catch them playing a free gig at Bloc next Friday in Glasgow, then the next night they'll be through in Edinburgh playing at the next Tidal Wave of Indifference gig at the Wee Red Bar, alongside Edinburgh School for the Deaf, Sebastian Dangerfield & Broken Records. To whet your appetite here's a cover of the Big Deal song, Chair, that they recorded as part of their session on Vic Galloway's Radio Scotland show, enjoy...

PAWS-Chair (Big Deal cover)

1 comment:

  1. It is a post like this one that makes me want to pack it up and move to Scotland. Band heaven.

    ReplyDelete