10 December 2011

We've Got It Covered #80


I'm a sucker for exclusives, I guess all bloggers are (although not all of them will admit it). So as we are now in the run up to Christmas I guess it's okay for me to start posting up some festive tunes. This week we have a genuine first, which comes from The Scottish Enlightenment and their take on 'God Rest You Merry Gentlemen'. Originally pencilled in to be a Christmas single last year, however they couldn't find 'time to do that properly. And when you have a song with a 1 note guitar solo, you need to get that shit out there ', which means I am the lucky one that gets to share it with you all. I guess that a lot of you might already have the session versions that they recorded for 6Music and Vic Galloway last year, but now we have the official version that was meant to be shared with the world in all of its glory.

The Scottish Enlightenment - God Rest You Merry Gentlemen

No comments:

Post a Comment