19 November 2011

We've Got It Covered #77

This week you're all getting an extra treat, as I have not one but two cover versions to share with you all. The reason for this being that tonight I am getting to see both Butcher Boy and Adam Stafford playing in the Southside of Glasgow. Now for any of non-weegies out there, the reason I am particularly looking forward to this one is that aside from the Academy, very rarely do we get any good gigs south of the river in sunny Glasgow. In fact I can only really think of the odd gig at the Tramway or the now defunct Plaza (which were converted into some horrible horrible looking flats), as venues which I have been to that are within walking distance of where I lived. Thanks to my pal Jim from the Vinyl Villain blog, I will get to add Langside Town Hall to that list tonight, as to celebrate his blogs rather impressive 5th birthday, he's putting on his first ever gig. Not only that, but he's booked a stellar line up to, which includes Butcher Boy who will be playing their first hometown gig since the release of the acclaimed LP 'Helping Hands' and one of my favourite artists, Adam Stafford. The gig kicks off at 7:30pm tonight, and tickets are £8 (you can still pre-order them here). If you live on the southside and you've not already got plans for tonight, get yourself along to this quite unique gig. If you need any more convincing, just check out the two cover versions below.


Butcher Boy - Streets of Philadelphia (Bruce Springsteen cover)

Adam Stafford-Invisible Sun (Police cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment