20 August 2011

We've Got It Covered #63


In case you'd forgotten today is a pretty big day for me and this blog, yep it's Ayetunes vs Peenko 4 day. Yes, I know I have been banging about this for ages now, but the day has finally come and tonight at Stereo myself and Jim will be hosting the next our series of blogger battles. As I'm sure you're already aware PAWS have very sadly had to pull out for personal reasons, we're going to miss not having them there, but we reckon we've got such a strong line up that we'll be okay. So it's Mondegreen, Miaoux Miaoux and Adam Stafford, in my eyes that's a fucking belter of a line up, hopefully you'll agree. If not then I dare you to come down for the night, as I am pretty sure you'll soon change your mind.
If you missed it at the start of the week Adam's new album Build A Harbour Immediately, came out on Monday there. It's one of the finest album's I have heard all year, so to be able to put on his album launch feels like quite an honour for the pair of us. Doors tonight will be about 7pm with Mondegreen coming on shortly after, so if you could make sure you're down nice and early that'd be grand.
We're also going to be having a wee after party upstairs after the gig, so if you fancy kicking about for more drinks, hugs, shite chat and the opportunity to watch our attempts at DJing then you're more than welcome to kick about. Be warned though Adam has been threatening to spin rockabilly tunes.
Anyway this weeks cover comes from the great man, last year he released an album of covers called Music in The Mirabel, which featured covers of folk like the Twilight Sad and Sparks. He also did this wee version of Daniel Johnston's Blue Clouds, which I am quite partial too. Hope you like it and more importantly hopefully I'll see a few of your beautiful faces in Stereo tonight.

Adam Stafford and The Death Bridge Convention - Blue Clouds (Daniel Johnson cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment