30 July 2011

We've Got It Covered #60

Although I have been posting reasonably regularly on the blog, I still kind of feel as if I have been neglecting it a little bit. I guess that's more to do with withdrawal symptoms form not posting every day, which had become a bit of an obsession of mine. If you're ever considering starting your own we blog you should be warned that it really does take over you life, mostly for the better. I might have taken a break from posting, but I have still been pretty busy, behind the scenes there's been a lot going on with my label Olive Grove, lots of spamming and even more plotting, in fact the next few days are pretty fucking exciting for us. Tomorrow night the Pensioner boys are in session on Ally McCrae's Radio One show, then on Monday we are announcing the next addition to the Olive Grove family.
On top of all of that I am actually getting to spend some time away from sitting in front of my laptop as next weekend I am heading up to Inverness for the Belladrum Festival which I am pretty excited about. The standards were set at last weeks Wickerman Festival, so Bella has a lot to live up to, although with Kid Canaveral, Admiral Fallow, The Phantom Band, We Were Promised Jetpacks, PAWS and Bronto on the bill, I am sure it's going to be a cracking weekend. This weekend though I am having a very quiet one, my liver/body took one hell of a battering in Dumfries, so some time chilling with my girls and nae booze is the order for today.

Anyway, that's enough of my ramblings for one morning on with this weeks cover version which comes from my favourite indie pop duo, Over the Wall and their take on a Peter Gabriel's 'I Go Swimming'. The song was originally recorded as part of a session that they did for Vic Galloway back in May last year, you can download all three songs here (notice how I fucked up originally fucked up the track name). If you fancy seeing the boys live in the very near future then you're in luck as Over The Wall are supporting Admiral Fallow, along with Kid Canaveral at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on Sunday the 14th of August. Tickets for the gig are available here.


Over the Wall-I Go Swimming (Peter Garbiel cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment