19 February 2011

We've Got It Covered #39

Once again I am not going to be In Glasgow this weekend, sadly I won't be gigging elsewhere. Instead I'll be down in Inveraray at a wedding, for those of you who know me in real life, you'll probably already know that this is where my wife is actually from and it's also where we tied the knot many moons ago. We haven't been back in ages, so I am looking forward to getting out of the city for a few days, there's something quite tranquil about being next to a Loch. Sometimes I toy with the idea of moving to somewhere more remote, then I quickly remember that I'd soon be bored out of my tits. The thought of not being able to go to gigs still horrifies me, perhaps one day when I am a lot older and my hearing is totally shot then it might be something I'd want to do. Talking of gigs, I am going to be recording another session next month, this time we've roped in the awesome Beerjacket to come along and play for us. Once again it's going to be a really intimate show, a limited number of spaces are up for grabs, so if you fancy coming along drop me a wee email using the link on the left and I'll try and see if we can squeeze you in. Support for the evening will come from a new up coming artist by the name of Michael Cassidy. He was actually brought to my attention by Sean who records all of the sessions, what a find he is too.
Anyway, I am not going to be announcing dates or the venue as spaces are so limited, you'll need to email me to find out. That brings me on to this weeks cover which comes from the aforementioned, Beerjacket and his cover of the Xx's 'VCR'. The song was originally posted as part of one of Kowalskiy's series of EPs, which you can find here.


Beerjacket - VCR (The Xx cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment