14 February 2011

Fresh Meat Monday - He Slept On 57


Would you care to introduce yourself?

Hello, my name is Stuart Nelson, I play guitar and sing in a band called He Slept On 57 with my good friend Kyle Campbell (drums) We are from the Highlands of Scotland and have just released our second EP 'A Glow From The Night Light'


How would you describe the music you make?

Some sort of Rock music, heavy guitars with catchy melody's. We just write music that we enjoy playing and hopefully other people will like it too.


How did you start out making music?

My uncle was a big Nirvana fan so I got into music that way. He used to give me Albums to listen to then I eventually took his guitar and started learning songs off the internet. Kyle and myself went through a major Blink 182 faze when we were in our early teens where we would sit and watch countless videos of them and other bands so I think we are on the same wave length when it comes to writing music.


What process goes into the way you write songs?

I normally mess about on my acoustic and a song will start with a guitar riff or a vocal melody and I just work on a song around that, other times we can just jam and come up with things on the spot that works.


What can people expect from your live shows?

Blood, sweat and tears...we are quite enthusiastic on stage and like to be loud, the best thing to do is to experience it yourself!


What are you all listening to at the moment?

Manchester Orchestra, La dispute, Idlewild, Pulled apart by horses, Biffy Clyro, Admiral Fallow...


What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2011?

A music video in the next month or so, couple of tours and hopefully a few festivals too. I'm sure we will have some new material as the year goes on as well. The more people that buy our music and come to our shows the more we can do so let's hope the new EP goes down well.

He Slept On 57 - Where the Air is Thin

Facebook
Twitter
Bigcartel
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment