29 January 2011

We've Got It Covered #36


Normally when I write my weekly cover versions post up I like to do it in the morning just after I have just woken up. Mainly because at time of the morning I don't really care too much about the waffle that I write as I know that folk that come on ere are really only interested in grabbing the MP3s. Can't really blame them, that's what I'd do if I was in their shoes.
I have decided that I'll type something up the night before mainly because I am on baby sitting duties this evening, with Mrs Peenko out on her first proper night out since Erin was born, I have been left in charge. Scary thought isn't it! Let's jsut say that after tonights 'fun' I no longer wish hav any desire to be a house husband.

Right that's enough ramble for one post, on to the tunes. This week it's a double bonus as we have two cover versions, the first is a Belle & Sebastian cover by Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand fame, which was recorded for Vic Galloway's last ever show on Radio One. The second is a Franz's take on LCD Soundsystem's 'All My Friends' which I am pretty sure was releases as a B-side to the original single. I might well be wrong though, and often am.....


Alex Kapranos-Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie (Belle & Sebastian cover)

Franz Ferdinand - All My Friends (LCD Soundsystem cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment