18 October 2010

Fresh Meat Monday - Futuristic Retro Champions


Would you care to introduce yourself?

hello I am Carla and I am the keyboard player in Futuristic Retro Champions.


How would you describe the music you make?

The music we make is solid pop.


How did you start out making music?

By accident. Me and Sita wrote a song to soundtrack a film that we made together. Then we just kept going from that.


What process goes into the way you write songs?

I usually get a melody in my head or an idea that I'd like to try out on my keyboard. Then me and Harry record it and it builds from there. The lyrics always come afterwards and are always written with harmonies in mind. Sometimes if I've been listening to other music I might like the way a synth sounds or a certain drum and use that for inspiration in our music. I want to know how to achieve certain sounds and figure out how to create them. In a way all our songs are experiments at recreating pop music from the past.


What can people expect from your live shows?

We like to have fun. We like it when people dance. We're not trying to be cool, so we just try and have a laugh on stage so that we enjoy it as much as the people who come to see us.


What are you all listening to at the moment?

My most played songs on my MP3 player at the moment are 'Physical' by Olivia Newton John, 'Angel Eyes' by Roxy Music, 'Love Lies Bleeding' by Secession and 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO.


What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2010?

More pop experiments! More new songs! And more sparkle.


Futuristic Retro Champions - Kitten With A Loaded Gun

Home
Myspace
Facebook
Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment