31 August 2010

The Peenko Show - Fresh Air Sessions


As some of you were aware I did a stint on Edinburgh student radio station, Fresh Air, for three weeks during the festival. I am pretty sure that any of you that heard the show will agree, a future career at Radio One isn't very likely. That being said I did get to play a lot of great music, hopefully I managed to introduce some new music to some of you. I have already posted the first show that I did, I am still waiting to receive copies of the 2nd and 3rd shows (Hitch, if you're reading this, could you please send me a copy...pretty please).
As well as getting to play songs and talk mince, I was also lucky enough to get Edinburgh artists I Build Collapsible Mountains and Come On Gang! in to play a song for me. It was honestly a privilege and an honour to have them come in and do this for me.
I Build Collapsible Mountains, aka singer songwriter, Luke Joyce played the song 'Rails', taken from his forthcoming mini album, 'A Month Of Lost Memories'. While Come On Gang serenaded us with their forthcoming single 'Fortune Favours The Brave'. The recording is a bit crackly, but it still sounds amazing. Look out for the official release next Friday.

I Build Collapsible Mountains - Rails (session track)
Come On Gang! - Fortune Favours The Brave (session track)

No comments:

Post a Comment