17 July 2010

We've Got It Covered #10


It's not very often that I can say that I have a genuine exclusive cover version for you, more often than not it's a song that I have ripped from a radio session. Then just likes buses, two come along at once. Last week we had We're Only Afraid of NYC's cover of Tom Waits, and this week we have this little beauty. I honestly feel very flattered to be able to share this song with you, it's a Randolph's Leap cover of 'Everybody Got'. Last week while I was messing about on their Myspace I came across a video of them covering the song, so I sent their lead singer Adam asking if they had a recorded version that I might be able to use at some point in the future.
Now from what little experience I have had dealing with Adam, I can pretty much vouch that he is truly a wee star. He took it upon himself to get into the studio and recorded this cover with Glasgow musician Eldifidle on production duties. Another cracking tune, from another band that's playing at tonights 'Ayetunes vs Peenko 2' gig. If this doesn't convince you to get off your backside and come along, then you have no soul!

Randolph's Leap - Everybody Got (Ivor Cutler cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment