11 July 2010

Weekly Round Up (11/07/10)


Monday - The Recovery Club provided some very tasty Fresh Meat
Tuesday - Erland and the Carnivals Radio Scotland session
Wednesday - Cancel the Astronauts became the newest entry into the much coveted (or perhaps not) Scots Way-Hay club
Thursday - Be Like Pablo were in doing a wee session for the Vicmeister, plus I had an exclusive Track By Track run through of the fabulous new Mitchell Museum album 'The Peters Port Memorial Service'
Friday - I had a veritable feast of freebies this week, including great stuff from I Build Collapsible Mountains, q without u, dems, the A Forest, Bear Driver, Cults and a late entry from So Many Animal Calls
Saturday - We've Got It Covered #9 saw Peenko favourites we're only afraid of NYC taking on Tom Waits 'Fannin Street', quite stunning it is too.



News, gigs and any other gubbins......

It's shameless I know, but hey I don't care this is my blog, if me and Jim and are putting on a gig and we want to plug it I bloody well will. Next Saturday heralds the second 'Ayetunes vs Peenko' gig. It's going to be fucking amazing. Fact. No question here kids, I appreciate that it's the middle of summer, but fuck it there's nothing that's quite going to match up to what we have lined up next weekend's Ayetunes vs Peenko 2.
we're only afraid of NYC, Randolph's Leap and Little Yellow Ukueleles, bit of an eclectic bill isn't it. It most certainly is, there are only two daft twats out there in Glasgow/Paisley stupid enough/brave enough to put such a line up together. Personally I am excited as fuck, even if you're not, you will soon understand why the pair of us are after seeing what we have instore for you all. Did I just rant at you lot? Were you listening? If you were, sorry kids. If you weren't FFS pay attention kids. I guess I'll see you next Saturday, I'll be the bearded muppet with the cheesy ass grin.



In other news Mitchell Museum (we like them), launched their debut album tomorrow on Vinyl and Download, apparently a CD will be released later in the year. Am I the only person that still buys CD's? I know everyone loves their vinyl, but it just isn't for me I'm afraid. Bugger I'm rambling again. Aye, so they have a 'secret' album launch night on Wednesday, not sure if you can still blag an invite to that, you'll have to contact the band to find out. I still haven't gotten to the point of what I was trying to say, which is that they're doing an instore gig at Fopp on Wednesday afternoon or so Jim Ayetunes tells me. Check their website/Fopp's website, not my blog for details.

There are still tickets left for ScotT Hutchison gig at Stereo this Tuesday, for only a fiver you can catch plus the Frightened Rabbit frontman playing alongside Ross Clark (Three Blind Wolves) and Jonny Sellar (My Cousin I Bid You Farewell). They will all be performing solo sets in aid of the charity A-T Society. Tickets are on sale here.

Frightened Rabbit - Nothing Like You (Live at T in the Park 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment