15 March 2010

Fresh Meat Monday - King Post Kitsch


Would you care to introduce yourself?
I am King Post Kitsch, nee Charlie, formerly of the Glasgow parish.

How would you describe the music you make?
Noisy folk music, mostly with electric guitars.

How did you start out making music?
I bought a thirty quid nylon guitar out of Argos. I beat the shite out of it. I then bought a sixty quid steel string guitar from the Barras. It beat the shite out of me. I wrote my first song about a junkie I used to see out the window doing stupid things, he died before I finished the song. Then I rewrote Scarborough Fair and Greensleeves with my own ropey lyrics. I kept doing that for a while and at some stage I guess they stopped sounding like Scarborough Fair.

What process goes into the way you write songs?
The melody usually comes first, while I’m walking around or just before I fall asleep. I generally don’t touch an instrument till I’m quite a way in, unless I get stuck.

What can people expect from your live shows?
Not a carrot unfortunately. I’m still putting it together. Hopefully when the time comes they can expect fireworks! Little tiny, reticent, fumbling, fireworks.

What are you all listening to at the moment?
I’ve been listening to Yeasayer, St Vincent and Al Green.

What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2010?
Another EP soon, hopefully an album and plenty of live music.

King Post Kitsch - Modern Times (MP3)


Home
Myspace

King Post Kitsch's debut EP is available to download from his website,
I urge you to check it out as it's cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment