14 October 2013

Fresh Meat Monday - The Won Over

Would you care to introduce yourself?

Hello,my name is Paul Byrne and I play in a band called The Won Over


How would you describe the music you make?

Indie is this first word that springs to mind,Indie/Rock? That's definitely one of the most difficult questions in the world to answer. I’d also say our music is quite grumpy.


How did you start out making music?

My friend and I decided to start a band in high school. We couldn't play and had no intention of learning but like most high school bands that didn't stop us. We played around Dundee for a few years until parting ways and pursuing other things.

What process goes into the way you write songs?

I wouldn't say we have one certain way of writing. Sometimes somebody comes in with just a riff or chord sequence and we just play around with it and see what happens. Other times someone might come in with a more solid idea which then gets worked on, and once the music starts to take shape we add the vocals after.


What can people expect from your live shows?

I wouldn't really like to say anything other than 4 awkward guys playing music. We haven’t quite got the pyrotechnics and light show ready yet, but we are working on it.


What are you all listening to at the moment?

I can’t speak for everyone, but at the moment mostly the Kendrick Lamar album good kid, m.A.A.d City and the new Arcade Fire single for me. And the new Arctic Monkeys album is definitely my favourite thing that they've ever done, I’m quite enjoying that too.


What can we expect to see/hear from you in the future?

We are really hoping to push on over the festive period and early next year and get playing more shows, and hopefully venture out of Dundee for some of them. Recording is high on the agenda too as we are currently writing a new set of songs that we are all rather excited about.



Facebook
Bandcamp


No comments:

Post a Comment