17 June 2013

Fresh Meat Monday - The Clock

Would you care to introduce yourself?  

Hi, I'm Calum and I play a few different instruments in a band called The Clock with 3 (sometimes 4) others who also play a few different instruments, based in Glasgow. We have recently  released our first ever music video which accompanies a new single named 'Everything's Eventual


How would you describe the music you make?   

I asked someone this question quite recently because I'm not very good at concise descriptions. They told me it was alternative cinematic rock. I'm not sure if that's right but I'll go with it until I can get a better one.      





How did you start out making music?  

Well myself and Robbie (we are siblings) have been making music for a long time, since I was a young 12 year old equipped with a guitar and a plethora of Green Day songs. Over the years we've (hopefully) moved on and more people have joined us to play music.      


What process goes into the way you write songs?   

I usually formulate some kind of musical idea and get a few chords and words together, then a few of us will flesh it out then we'll add some instrumentation over that flesh. Every song is different; some I write entirely and others just come about by chance.     


What can people expect from your live shows?    

Well, probably a lot of sweat on my behalf. That may or may not entice people to come to any subsequent gigs. Otherwise, a lot of running about with the odd foray into the audience, some 4-part harmonies, loud guitars, quiet guitars, funny dancing, violins, pianos, drums, some more drums.    


What are you all listening to at the moment?   

Bat for Lashes mainly, her new album is an absolute belter. Otherwise, Three Blind Wolves, Atoms for Peace, Olympic Swimmers, and Fat Goth.      


What can we expect to see/hear from you in the future? 

Well, as I mentioned above we've just  released a new track. Over the summer we'll be releasing another 2, equipped with their own moving pictures. In terms of live shows, we're supporting Hector Bizerk in  the Roxy on the 20th June, and we've also been announced to play King Tuts Summer Nights festival. We're also in the middle of organising some shows outwith Glasgow.  

Facebook
SoundCloud



No comments:

Post a Comment