25 June 2011

We've Got It Covered #56


It's Saturday which means that it's time for me to ramble some pish then make up for it by sharing a cover version with you all. So as I sit here writing this post, Erin is currently doing her level best to trash our living room, that's what my wife gets for leaving me in charge I guess. Once I have tidied up all of the carnage the plan of action today is to head over to Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum as the awesome RM Hubbert and a few other artists are playing a free gig their this afternoon. It's been ages since I have seen Hubby, so I am really looking forward to it. It's also pretty exciting in that it's a family friend event so at 10 months old Erin will be going to her first ever 'gig', not that she'll ever remember it though. I think tonight will be a bit of a quiet one as I need to keep my head down after the past few weeks of craziness. If I was going out I'd be heading along to Nice 'n Sleazys for the Strike The Colours album fundraiser which also features Sparrow and the Workshop and Craig B from The Unwinding Hours. It's only £6 and you'd be doing your bit to ensure that we get another Strike The Colours album.
I know I have just said that I am going to be keeping my head down this weekend, technically I am as I am not going out drinking, but that doesn't mean I have stay in. Tomorrow I am planning on heading over to Oran Mor for 'The Big BBQ show' for a few hours to catch a bit of Washington Irving and PAWS. You can find out more details on the gig and the running order over on Ayetunes, personally I am most looking for to having some of the pig on a spit. Anyway, I think that's enough of me for one week, I better get this place tidied up before my wife gets home, so here's this weeks cover version which comes from former Beta Band frontman, Steve Mason and his take on Madonna's 'Borderline'. Which I ripped from a session that he did for Radio 2 back in May of last year.


Steve Mason-Borderline (Madonna cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment