06 September 2010

Fresh Meat Monday - Where We Lay Our Heads


Would you care to introduce yourself?

WS-Hi I'm Wull I pretend to sing and play guitar and i'm from Twynholm.

SM-I am Sean and I just like hanging about with musicians!

WS-We also have Kat Morland on Violin, Vicki Cole on Bass and Alistair Burton on Drums/Percussion.


How would you describe the music you make?

WS- I like to think of it initially as pop music, but i guess if someone put a gun to my head i'd probably describe it as Alt Folk Pop? Thats close enough until someone else calls it something completely different.


How did you start out making music?

WS-As in the band? It all started out with me in the studio then sent the songs around and got a few "hey do you need a.." style messages and luckily everyone who said that were not only great players but friends as well, makes for a better atmosphere.


What process goes into the way you write songs?


WS- I wont say it changes every time but i guess its kinda mixed method writing it'll generally start with either a hook, a guitar part or a little bit of lyrics that i've got on my phone or an old notepad, and I just take it from there. Certain songs take longer than others but its the end result that's important.


What can people expect from your live shows?

SM-Lots of really cool looking ties I imagine? Wull has a nice line in bow ties and I never get enough use out of my wedding suit.

WS- You can expect them to be happening in a few months


What are you all listening to at the moment?

WS-Malcolm Middleton, Frabbit, Buddy Holly, Beerjacket and Arcade Fire have been the only artists on my MP3 player for 2 years. But i've been listening to alot of Eels at home.

SM-Faith No More, Pearl Jam, Bobby Womack and Tayo (awesome D & B) Kill The Waves.


What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2010?

SM-Ties, and music I guess?

WS-Well we're in the process of writing and recording which i think is gonna turn out to be our album, but i'd expect some form of release before the end of the year is out, probably a single. Colin Keenan from Oliver Stays/Jam Hut Studios is recording/producing and is doing a great job who i couldn't recommend more, cant wait till its all done . Also once we're fully prepared you can expect a few gigs hopefully October kinda time, just keep an eye on us at your preferred choice of social networking site.


Where We Lay Our Heads - My Major Is Your Minor

Myspace
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment