09 July 2012

Fresh Meat Monday - Saint Max



Would you care to introduce yourself?    

I'm Saint Max. I must point out I've not been a Saint since birth; in fact, to be totally honest, I was never canonized. I understand this makes my title somewhat perplexing but, then again, a title's a title no matter how accurate. (I wonder if this is true?)   


How would you describe the music you make?    

Offbeat pop songs with a double-hit of wit.     


How did you start out making music?    

I would really love to say making music came to me in a dream, beneath the wings of a trumpet bearing angel. But it was probably more to do with the intricacies of wooing girls.     


What process goes into the way you write songs?    

I wish I knew this, so I could write something I'm proud of every day. I go through spells of writing a lot, and then in retrospect I keep the ones I like. To answer your question, I suppose I always try and write something unlike a song I've written before.     


What can people expect from your live shows?    

Expect energy and sweat and one liners. And music, of course.     


What are you all listening to at the moment?   

I've been really obsessed with Balkan stuff recently, traditional eastern-european bands are great.    


What can we expect to see/hear from you in the future?  

Live performances, controversial acts of public indecency, an album, another EP, another album after that, a trained all-ape ska band, subliminal messages which you can only hear if you reverse my songs, and anything else which occurs to me at the time...



Saint Max - A Life Worth Living


Bandcamp
Twitter
SoundCloud
Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment