07 May 2012

Fresh Meat Monday - Sean Armstrong



Would you care to introduce yourself?   

It would be my pleasure. Hello, I'm Sean. I have a girlfriend.    


How would you describe the music you make?    

It's really...something. Like the inside of my head. Pretty lacklustre.     


How did you start out making music?   

In school I was the singer in a band called 'The Merry Womblers'. We did one gig. I wore a slimy purple shirt, got drunk and forgot all the words. It's been downhill ever since.   


What process goes into the way you write songs?   

The writing process is in the recording. I have an attention span of like one second so the music lacks focus. The lyrics are improvised, and the music is usually done in one take. I'm not trying to recreate any kind of idea in my head or communicate any message. My setup is a joke.     


What can people expect from your live shows?     

I don't play many live shows, it's a bit of an unnatural environment for me. I have to listen back to my stuff to learn how to play it. I'm usually pretty nervous. I can't imagine it's very enjoyable to watch. A few people have come up to me and said that it was good, but I think  it might be because they don't want me to kill myself.     


What are you listening to at the moment?   

I don't really know what I like any more. I like everything. I like nothing. I don't know.  I listen to a lot of Ed Sheeran, Professor Green, Ferry Corsten, Black Stone Cherry etc.   


What can we expect to see/hear from you in the future?  

Just gonna try and release hundreds of albums and destroy the world.


Sean Armstrong -  Dying in the Garden

SoundCloud
Facebook
Electropapknit
Electropapknit twitter
Cath Records - Generation Scum 


No comments:

Post a Comment