11 January 2012

Artists To Watch Out For In 2012: #3 - Behold... The Old Bear



 I don't know about you, but I was genuinely gutted last year when Mitchell Museum decided to take an indefinite hiatus. Being the talented bunch that they are, I guess it was always inevitable that they'd resurface with other musical projects sooner than later. It was only recently that Kev from the Moth & The Mirror started raving about how great, former Mitchell Museum drummer, Raindeer's new project, Behold... The Old Bear was. At first I was a bit hesitant as it turned out that Kev was actually also in the band, however, after asking Raindeer to send me a few tunes, it's safe to say that Kev wasn't lying. Having heard the demos that they've been recording I am really looking forward to seeing what 2012 has in store for Behold... The Old Bear. If you're looking for some kind of pointers as to what they sound like, I'd go with The Dodos crossed with a darker version of Mitchell Museum, or at least that's the best that I can come up with. Anyway, here's Raindeer for some more sensible words about Behold... The Old Bear



Hello, I'm Lloyd. Who on earth are you?

Hello, I am Behold, The Old Bear.


Seeing as your one of my ‘Ones to Watch’, what exactly should everyone be watching out for from you in 2012?

People should be looking out for some gigs, which I will be involved in, in a musical capacity. It will be the first time that this has happened as I have recently assembled a combination of people I can now call a band. Also, I will be looking to doing a semi to full re-record of my album that I recorded in my bedroom this year. This is an exciting thought for me because I love the writing and recording process. It will give me the opportunity to further expand the sounds and ideas which I have created so far.


2nd start by Behold, the Old Bear

Behold... The Old Bear play their first ever gig supporting Blue Sky Archives at Bloc in Glasgow on the 18th of January.

SoundCloud
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment