31 October 2011

Fresh Meat Monday - If You Lived Here You'd Be Home By Now


Would you care to introduce yourself?

My name is Clare, I'm in 'If you lived here, you'd be home by now'. We are a 4 piece band from Glasgow...


How would you describe the music you make?

The songs are mostly simple songs that combine layers of other strangeness. The music has a lot of space within it. I like things to sound quite wonky, and draw inspiration from nostalgia.


How did you start out making music?

I went to keyboard lessons (thanks mum) when I was 9 and have always loved creating musical things since then. I then went on to be in other bands and when I moved to Glasgow met Ruth and Iain. I have really liked musicals from an young age and that has also helped me make music!


What process goes into the way you write songs?

It can change, but its mostly trying to translate an idea in your head and recording it then layering other part on top.


What can people expect from your live shows?

Our live shows are more theatrical. We are playing this Saturday (sorry guys this has been and gone - Peenko) and will be joined by a dancer. We like to use space between songs and try to make our performance visually, quite interesting.


What are you all listening to at the moment?

We like lots - I mostly listen to older music most of the time like Sammy Davis Jnr, Barbara Streisand and Edith Piaf. We all love Tom Waits and PJ Harvey is my absolute favourite person.


What can we expect to see/hear from you in the future?

Hopefully a Christmas song with our pals Black Jash! another recording next year and more live shows :)

If You Lived Here You'd Be Home By Now - Sleeping Beauty

Twitter
Facebook
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment