24 April 2011

Happy Easter! Here's some news...


The Seventeenth Century return with a their second EP, cunningly entitled 'EP2', on the 2nd May. The release will be available exclusively on Limited Edition 10” vinyl, which includes a free digital download code. The band celebrate the release with a gig at Oran Mor this coming Friday (29th), with support from The Scottish Enlightenment and Sunshine Social. Now that's one cracking line up if I do say so myself. Having caught 17C at the same venue just a few weeks back, I can vouch that they were in top form. The Scottish Enlightenment have been favourites of mine for a while now, it's been ages since I saw them live, so I am really looking forward to seeing them again. As for Sunshine Social, I will admit that until I got told about this gig I'd never heard of them, however, now that I have I will be making sure that I get myself along to this one nice and early -I might well be lying to myself here as nowadays with Erin on the scene I feel like I am continuously running late, I will try and get there on time though!
Tickets for the gig are on sale now on Ticketweb and on Ticket Scotland for just £5.




Seeing as most of us are all off work tomorrow, there's not really an excuse for you not be venturing out this evening (not unless of course you want to avoid the war zone cause by Old Firm chaos). If you're looking for something cheap, yet utterly brilliant to do, then look no further. As part of their 3rd birthday celebrations, The Captains Rest have Kid Canaveral, Mitchell Museum, How to Swim, Heart Beats, Apples of Energy and Dear Mountaineer all playing and tickets for the gig are just £3. Plus as if that wasn't a bargain already, pizzas and burgers are also only £3. Which means you can get yourself a drink, get some scran and get into a gig for under a tenner. Nae bad, nae bad at all...
Also, Kid Canaveral and Mitchell Museum on the same bill at the Captains Rest, I wish we'd thought of that ;)



The third ‘Brain Storm’ event is set to take place on Saturday 7th May 2011 at Edinburgh’s Sneaky Pete’s and will help raise money for Edinburgh’s Sick Kids charity. The event will be headlined by Bathgate alt-rock duo The Fire and I, with support from Edinburgh trio Scrap Brain and female fronted Glasgow pop-rockers Acrylic iQon.

The event is also the first announced fringe event of the official launch party for No Colour Too Strong to Paint, a charity compilation album of Edinburgh bands organised by Youngteam Records to raise money for The Sick Kids Friends Foundation and the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. Scrap Brain have contributed their track ‘I Want You, You Want the Devil’ to the 21-track album.

ickets are available for low price of £3 in advance from TicketWeb, Great Junction Street Music Studios, or from Scrap Brain. Tickets will be £5 on the door.




I'll round up this random wee news post with a video I got sent by a band called Natalie Pryce. If you like folk such as Nick Cave or Tom Waits, then this should be right up your street...


No comments:

Post a Comment