07 March 2011

Fresh Meat Monday - Luxury Car


Would you care to introduce yourself?

My name is John Robertson, also known as Luxury Car.



How would you describe the music you make?

Glitchy electro acoustic pop.



How did you start out making music?

I started playing the guitar and writing songs when I was 14 and was in a few indie guitar bands in my teens. Luxury Car formed in 2002 as a three piece electro pop band. We released an EP and album a few years back. For the new album, When I was Good, Luxury Car is just me, although some friends and ex-members helped with the recording.


What process goes into the way you write songs?

I write some songs on an acoustic guitar. Then I record demos where I add synth and guitar parts. My brother Willy produces the final versions of the songs.


What can people expect from your live shows?

To promote the new album I'd like to do some solo shows with just laptop and guitar/vocals. I'm hoping to add some visuals too.


What are you all listening to at the moment?

Beethoven's piano sonatas


What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2011?

My new album, When I was Good, is released on Biphonic Records on 28 February. A single, I Play the Guitar, is released on Monday 14 February - but you can download it from my Bandcamp page for free.

Luxury Car - I Play The Guitar

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment