18 March 2011

Everything Is Big in Texas...A Video Roundup of Sorts

I am sure I am not alone in being the only one who's a little bit envious of all of those lucky folk who are currently sunning it up at this years SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas. I must admit that I have been trying to avoid Twitter as much as I can over the past few days, purely because the more I read, the more jealous I get. This evening though I finally succumbed, thanks to the awesome Peej Reid who runs the Dear Scotland website who sent me this video of King Creosote covering 'And Another Thing!!' with Kid Canaveral as his backing and. I think Peej sums up my feelings for this video perfectly, "I was out last night and I kept thinking that if Peenko were here he would be shitting his pants". I am almost certain that if I had seen this in the flesh then the chances of me soiling myself would have been pretty damn high.




It really does feel as if the whole of the Scottish music industry has decamped to Austin, to show America how it's done. If you want to get a better idea of the festival is all about, then you should really check out the Video Diaries from Detour Scotland and Song By Toad, both of whom have been posting up their daily adventures.




SXSW 2011 Day 1 Video Diary from Song, by Toad on Vimeo.




I think that's enough SXSW chat for one evening, but that's not where the video fun stops kids! I am not sure if I have mentioned this on the blog before, but the first and only release on Peenko Records, I Build Collapsible Mountains has moved on to bigger things. Much bigger things in fact, he's signed up with US label Burning Building Recordings who will be releasing a new EP next month. If this video is anything to go by, then we're in for a bit of treat.
Also, as a few folk have asked about Peenko Records, at the moment things on that front have been put on hold for now as all of my attention is being put into Olive Grove, for now at least.

I Build Collapsible Mountains - U.S. EP promo. from Luke Joyce on Vimeo.




The last video of the night comes courtesy of The Lafontaines, who have posted their new 'Come Dine' with me inspired video for a track called 'Stop it now' to coincide with Comic Relief. They're trying to raise £100 by the end of the day, so get watching then show them your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment