15 February 2011

RM Hubbert plays his first Glasgow show of 2011

For any of you that can remember as far back as my best albums of 2010, you might recall that I even surprised myself by choosing RM Hubberts 'First & Last' as one of my top choices. Post-rock flamenco is hardly the kind of music that you'd normally find me listening to, but listen I did, and after a few listens I was hooked. Since the release of his last album 'Hubby' has gone from strength to strength, having already featured as one of the Lists 11 for 2011, supported God Speed! You Black Emperor at the Barras, signing for Chemikal Underground and now he's off touring round Europe with Mogwai. It's safe to say that this past year must rate pretty highly, it's awesome to see someone who I have previously described as being the 'nicest man in rock', finally getting the karma he deserves. Having been holed up at Chem 19 recording his new album with an array of special guests from the Scottish music scene appearing alongside him on the record, as if that wasn't enough, he's also roped in his pal, Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand fame, to produce it.
If you haven't already come across RM Hubbert then trust me you need to be checking his music out, and what finer way to check him out than by getting yourself down to the Arches on Saturday the 26th for his first live show in Glasgow this year. Special guest for the evening is none other than Finn le Marinel, who I have already tipped as one of my Ones to Watch in 2011. Not only that but he's also going to be joined on stage by some of the collaborators on his new album, including Emma Pollock, Aidan Moffat and possibly some of his former bandmates from El Hombre Trajaedo. It promises to be a very special evening, tickets are on sale now via Ticket Scotland. Hopefully I'll see you a few of your pretty little faces coming along for the evening.


RM Hubbert - For Maria

Home
Chemikal Underground
Gathering Whipsers

No comments:

Post a Comment