12 December 2010

Weekly Round Up (12/12/10)

Monday - the fabulous Trapped Mice kicked off the week in style with some Fresh Meat action. They'll be playing a gig for my partner in crime Ayetunes early in the new year, so make sure you keep an eye out for that one
Tuesday - The Last Battle sadly had to cancel their Glasgow show this week because of the snow, on the plus side I had this wee session that they did for Fresh Air. I also got a rather amusing letter which I decided to share with you all
Wednesday - my Scots Way-Hay interviews might well be finished for this year. However, for the next three weeks I am going to be asking some of the artists I featured this year to tell me their albums of 2010. Kicking things of this week I had Call To Mind, Eagleowl, Ghost Pants, I Build Collapsible Mountains, Miss the Occupier, Seafieldroad and the Son(s) telling me what floats their boat this year. Plus there a session from the fabulous Sparrow and the Workshop
Thursday - this was a busy old day on the blog, with a long awaited (by me) track by track of the new Over the Wall album. Plus there was sessions from Washington Irving, Belle & Sebastian and Frightened Rabbit
Friday - ye olde Freebies were pretty epic this week, with tunes from The Last Battle, Laeto, Ghost Pants and White Heath. Please beware of inferior rip offs.
Saturday - those lovely Frabbit boys take on 'Walking in the Air' in We've Got It Covered


News, gigs and any other gubbins......

Tomorrow sees the return of this years annual Scottish Blogger and Music Sites award, this year I had 57 entrants, making the tallying up a lot of fun. At 8pm tomorrow evening I will officially announce who our run away winner was. In anticipation of the big announcement I will be publishing my Top Ten albums of 2010 throughout the rest of the afternoon, I bet you can't wait to see what I've come up, or perhaps not.

On Tuesday night in Glasgow, Withered Hand, Underground River and Japanese War Effort hit the Captains Rest for a wee shindig being put on by Primitive Painters. It all kicks off at 8pm, and tickets are only £5.

Over in Edinburgh, those lovely Eagleowl foll are hosting their own 'Stars in Their Eyes' Christmas bash featuring sets from Broken Records, Meursault, Jesus H Foxx and of course Eagleowl. Each of the bands will be performing as their favourite bands, I've heard what they're going to be covering for the evening but I really wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. A limited number of tickets are still available here or in person from Avalanche Records in Edinburgh.



Kid Canaveral’s Christmas Baubles - Saturday 18th, at the Lot in Edinburgh
Featuring: Ballboy, King Creosote, Kid Canaveral, Come on Gang! Cancel the Astronauts, The Last Battle and Gummi Bako, plus DJ-sets from Straight to Video and Song By Toad.
The event runs from 2pm through until 11pm, sounds like it might get pretty messy if past gigs are anything to by. If you haven't got a ticket for this one, then I am afraid you're a bit stuffed as this sold out a while ago.


On Thursday night in Glasgow, the fabulous Happy Particles are playing a wee Christmas show at the Captains Rest along with RM Hubbert and No Comet. I must admit that I have only just picked up on this lot, but they're really exciting me. Defo one's to watch in 2011.


On Friday night (the 17th), Ten Tracks are having their very own wee bash 'Ten Tracks Presents: A Website is For Life, Not Just For Christmas' at Stereo in Glasgow. Featuring sets from The Blessings, Frog Pocket, GRNR, Not Squares, Tokamak, Logik Party, Enfant Bastard, Foxgang, Fur Hood and Blood Blood. Tickets cost £10 and include a free year long subscription to their download site (which is also worth £10). If that's sounds like your cup of tea then you're doubly in luck as they've offered a few of us blogger the chance to offer your lucky boys n girls a 2 for 1 deal on tickets. If you email info@tentracks.co.uk with "peenko" in the title, they'll sort you out.


Tomorrow, Braindead Collective & Rob St.John release their Christmas single 'The Whites Of Our Eyes' on download in aid of Shelter. You can stream it below, then go and do your bit here.




Right I think that's enough from me for one week, I'll leave you with this cracking wee video of the Son(s) new single single ‘Radar’ which is due out in January through Eli & Oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment