27 July 2010

Something special from the Second Hand Marching Band, RM Hubbert and Sarah Banjo


Normally I would have stuck this in the Weekly Roundup, but seeing as I only found about it last night I thought I would give it a wee plug today. Plus I am afraid that I don't have any sessions to post today as last night Radio Scotland band aren't really my cup of tea.
Anyway, if you are free on Thursday night and you're not going to Tuts for French Wives, Seventeenth Century, Washington Iriving and Rachel Sermanni (what a fucking line up that is) or The Captains Rest for theapplesofenergy and Toro Y Moi - I am going to try to go to both of these gigs! Then you should head down to the 'Note for something quite special from the Second Hand Marching Band, RM Hubbert and Sarah Banjo. What they plan to do is get everyone who comes along to the gig to get involved be it banging instruments or singing a song. In return they will send you a limited edition recording of the song on CD with your name printed on the inlay.

All you have to do is write a verse for the song in the video below, then bring it along with you to sing on the night. Or you could just learn the chorus and sing that, or if that doesn't tickle your fancy then you can bring along an instrument and play in the chorus, and if that doesn't stir your bones, then you could just bring along drum and bang out a rhythm. Sounds like it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Sadly I won't be able to make it along as I will be floating between the Captains Rest and Tuts, should they do anything like this in future then I will make sure I go along and make some kind of a racket.

Further details can be found here
.

The Second Hand Marching Band - Grit and Determination
RM Hubbert - For Maria


Video for MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE! ONE from Peter Liddle on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. How did this go? It sounds like great fun and gives me an idea to do something similiar!

    ReplyDelete