15 February 2010

Fresh Meat Monday - theredshow


Would you care to introduce yourself?
Gareth: We are The Red Show and we are nifty! Chris: And I am
Chris. I play the bass and I'm the silent assassin of the band.
Mike: I’m Mike and I be drumser man. Ug.


How would you describe the music you make?
Gareth: I guess you would call it...post-punk blues rock? is that a thing?
Chris: I'm not quite sure I've heard many other local bands around at the moment that sound similar to us, so hopefully that's a good thing. Maybe.

How did you start out making music?
Gareth: I started by humming, then worked in a little clapping, and before i knew it I was in a band.
Mike: That’s not actually that far from the truth. I filled in for someone, we then become lovers…musically only…of course, and then Chris joined when he heard just how good (pah!) we were.

What process goes into the way you write songs?
Gareth: The way I write music varies from song to song - sometimes I'll pick up the guitar and it will just explode out of me in one go, other times its a very slow process that can take alot of fiddling. I never know what I'm writing about until the song is done, its always best to keep an open mind. We try never to disregard a song cause it sounds different than other stuff.


What can people expect from your live shows?
Gareth: You can expect us to play loud and proud and to not take ourselves or anyone else too seriously.
Chris: We have fun playing and hopefully the crowd has fun listening too. If they're not, then we're not doing our job. If you're standing twiddling your thumbs at one of our shows then pull us up post-gig and we'll apologize profusively for the disappointment.
Mike: Money. Lots of free money.

What are you all listening to at the moment?
Gareth: Tegan and Sara!

Chris: I'm bit of a Spotify junkie, so it varies. Recently I've been spinning the likes of Them Crooked Vultures, Fiona Apple, Every Time I Die, Voicst and Rush. Stuff that's old and new. Pretty obssesed with local band Super Adventure Club at the moment too. They're off the scale of awesomeness.
Mike: I just bought Them Crooked Vultures and Queens of the Stone Age albums yesterday, but I think mostly my playlists tend to swing heartily from Tool to Oceansize fairly regularly.

What can we expect to see/hear from you in 2010?
Gareth: We hope to record a new EP shortly and you can count on us gigging our socks off!
Chris: We might be dropping a digital single too in the coming months. We like to make our own DIY videos aswell so there'll probably be even more YouTube clips of us looking silly in 2010.
Mike: Hopefully some very fun things. We’ve recently teamed up with Define Pop management so hopefully things are on the up

.


No comments:

Post a Comment