08 October 2009

Introducing - Chris Bradley



It's been a while since we've heard anything from Aberfeldy, apart from last years single 'Come On, Claire', things have been pretty quiet from the Edinburgh five piece. So it came as a nice surprise to find out that Chris Bradley (keyboardist/guitarist/singer) was putting out some solo material on 17 Second Records (as run by Ed from the 17 Seconds blog). His debut single, 'Bored Little Rosie’/'The Man I Love' came out on Monday and I highly recommended that you check him out. If you are looking for something similar to Aberfeldy then this probably isn't it, but don't let that put you off as he has one of the most beautiful vocals I have heard all year. His voice reminds me more of classic singer son writers from the 60's or 70's, his songs seem to fit the descent into winter almost perfectly. If you think I am talking my usual pish then have a listen to the stream of 'The Man I Love', below.



Chris Bradley's sophomore album, tentatively titled 'Go On My Son', is set for a November release, with his debut album 'Voices', previously released on a limited edition CD, getting are-issue in the new year.

If you want to catch Chris in the flesh he is playing at the 13th Note on the 30th of October as part of the 17 Seconds takeover night, which also features the X-Lion Tamers and the Dirty Cuts. I was keen to go to this, but sadly can't as I'll be in the East Neuk of Fife, at the Fence Halloween Party. I'd also suggest you bookmark the 17 Seconds Blog as it's a good read and an excellent place to find out about new Scottish bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment