19 June 2009

Stuart Murdoch & God Help the Girl - Marc Riley Session (18/06/09)


Thanks to the very nice Mr Popcop (thanks again mate) I got the chance to escape work early on Wednesday to witness the first live outing of Stuart Murdoch's 'God Help the Girl' and a very fine afternoon it was too. Held in the unusual setting of the Lansdowne Parish Church Hall in Glasgow's West End, the band performed 6 songs from their debut album (out on Monday, so go and buy it kids) this was a very intimate gig with any array of folk from the Glasgow music scene, family and friends (with babies) plus me and the wife. They even laid on tea and cakes for the afternoon, all in all it was one of the best gigs I've been to this year, even though it was so short. so thanks Popcop for being my Jim'll Fix It, this post is for you...



5 comments:

  1. That sure is a lot of babies! Nice one, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this -- do you know if the other 3 tracks will be broadcast, or if they're circulating anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Matt, sorry mate but there were only 3 songs played on the show. The six songs I was talking about were from the previous days gig in Glasgow, which they filmed and should hopefully be up on their website in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you.

    I hope they tour the states eventually. I'll find a baby to bring if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 piece suits is the best suit for me because of comortable to wear and presentable look.

    ReplyDelete