27 March 2009

Introducing - Butcher Boy

I am not sure why, but since the start of the year the number of great Scottish albums to have come out has been nothing short of phenomenal, what's even more surprising for me is the number of 'new' (or at least new to me) acts to have emerged. With albums by the Twilight Sad, Idlewild, Broken Records, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Lord Cut Glass and My Latest Novel to name just a few - still to come this really is turning into a bit of vintage year for Scottish bands. Here's another one to add to that list, Butcher Boy, a band I have only just come across in the past few weeks after I read about them playing a gig in Queens Park Bowling Club, how did I miss this?! Apparently in the past they've done gigs in Queens Park Cafe (the ice cream shop, not the pub) and various other Southside venues. They are set to release their second album, React or Die on the 6th of April, and an absolute corker it is too, do you remember the first time you heard 'Tigermilk' well that's pretty much how I felt after my first listen, really i can't recommend this highly enough. If you want more info or a better description of the band get googling as I really don't think I have the capability to emphasise quite how good their second album actually is.

Buy it
Myspace
Home
Band history

No comments:

Post a Comment